JANESVILLE, Wis. - A fire that started inside a truck parked next to a home in Janesville ended up causing major damage to both Monday evening.
Janesville firefighters responded to a report of a structure fire in the 2400 block of south River Road in Janesville just after 9:30 p.m. Monday.
When they arrived, they found a full size truck fully involved, and found smoke and flames coming from the garage next to the truck as well.
Firefighters got both blazes under control within 30 minutes. Officials determined the fire had started in the truck, and spread to the two story garage next to it.
Officials estimate $20,000 in damage was caused to the garage, $5,000 in damage to contents inside the garage, and $36,000 damage to the vehicles themselves.
- Women accused of attacking 17-year-old girl at Memorial High School
- Toxic gas released in Kenosha County truck crash
- Bill would let victims, witnesses block body camera releases
- 2 deputies on leave after man shoots himself during eviction
- New route set for Ride the Drive
- Girl awarded for homeless birthday program