RACINE, Wis. - Funerals were held for three children who died in a Racine house fire.
Nine-year-old Dayja, 8-year-old Dalija and 7-year-old Michael Scott were eulogized Friday morning at Mount Eagle Baptist Church in Racine. Deborah Scott's fourth child, 5-year-old Luther, remains hospitalized with injuries from last week's fire.
WITI-TV reported the new Golden Gate Funeral Home donated the cost of the funerals. The children's uncle, William Scott, said the support is helping the family through a difficult time.
Investigators said the fire was sparked by a candle in the bathroom of the home.
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?