MCFARLAND, Wis. - Funeral services were held Monday for the couple who died in a New Year's Day car fire in McFarland.
The bodies of Brandon Slattery, 24, and Amy Damon, 21, both of Edgerton, were found in a burning car after firefighters extinguished the car fire.
Friends and family paid their respects at McFarland Lutheran Church on Monday morning. Slattery and Damon are being remembered as hard-working, loving and compassionate. They had planned to get married later this year.
The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office said the deaths were accidental. Preliminary autopsy results suggest the two were not the victims of a crime.
Their families are hoping to collect money for the Dane County Humane Society and a McFarland High School scholarship in their honor.
Donations can be sent to the Brandon Slattery and Amy Damon fund at McFarland State Bank at 5990 Highway 51.
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood
- Shell casings found downtown after shots fired call
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother