MCFARLAND, Wis. - Funeral services were held Monday for the couple who died in a New Year's Day car fire in McFarland.
The bodies of Brandon Slattery, 24, and Amy Damon, 21, both of Edgerton, were found in a burning car after firefighters extinguished the car fire.
Friends and family paid their respects at McFarland Lutheran Church on Monday morning. Slattery and Damon are being remembered as hard-working, loving and compassionate. They had planned to get married later this year.
The Dane County Medical Examiner's Office said the deaths were accidental. Preliminary autopsy results suggest the two were not the victims of a crime.
Their families are hoping to collect money for the Dane County Humane Society and a McFarland High School scholarship in their honor.
Donations can be sent to the Brandon Slattery and Amy Damon fund at McFarland State Bank at 5990 Highway 51.
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight