MADISON, Wis. - Prosecutors have accused a Wisconsin police officer of going on a burglary spree, stealing two vehicles and leading officers on a high-speed pursuit.
Prosecutors in Barron and Green Lake counties filed a host of charges against Waupun Police Lt. Bradley Young on Friday, including three counts of felony burglary, possession of burglary tools and two counts of car theft.
According to court documents, Young told police he broke into a Berlin grocery store in June, a Piggly Wiggly in Markeson in July and a town of Green Lake restaurant on Aug. 5. He stole a truck and drove to northwestern Wisconsin, where he stole another car and led officers on a chase before he was apprehended.
Online court records didn't list an attorney for Young.
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth