MADISON, Wis. - A fugitive on the run from a Kansas prison was arrested Wednesday in downtown Madison.
Ronald Schwensow, 72, was taken into custody by U.S. marshals on the steps of the Wisconsin state Capitol building.
Officials said the Milwaukee native had been living in Madison since escaping from the Leavanworth federal prison last year.
He was supposed to be serving a 22-year sentence for a firearms conviction.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1