MADISON, Wis. - A fugitive on the run from a Kansas prison was arrested Wednesday in downtown Madison.
Ronald Schwensow, 72, was taken into custody by U.S. marshals on the steps of the Wisconsin state Capitol building.
Officials said the Milwaukee native had been living in Madison since escaping from the Leavanworth federal prison last year.
He was supposed to be serving a 22-year sentence for a firearms conviction.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant