PRESTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Friendship man died in a Monday morning crash in Preston Township, according to the Adams County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency responders were called to State Highway 13 just south of Cree Avenue at 6:29 a.m.
Investigators said the vehicle driven by Earl Manning, 79, drifted off the roadway, struck an embankment, overturned and struck a tree.
Manning was extricated and transferred to a local hospital before being flown to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Manning was not wearing a seat belt and alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
- Janesville family displaced after house fire
- Shooting on Madison's east side leave four injured, Koval concerned
- Wholesome Wave grant helps Madison residents access healthy food
- Firefighters investigating cause of McFarland fire
- Milwaukee police seek driver after fatal hit-and-run
- 2 confirmed dead after house fire in northeast Wisconsin