PRESTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Friendship man died in a Monday morning crash in Preston Township, according to the Adams County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency responders were called to State Highway 13 just south of Cree Avenue at 6:29 a.m.
Investigators said the vehicle driven by Earl Manning, 79, drifted off the roadway, struck an embankment, overturned and struck a tree.
Manning was extricated and transferred to a local hospital before being flown to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Manning was not wearing a seat belt and alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom
- Madison police find bullet in apartment on Russett Road
- Madison police investigate shots fired, crash
- Madison police investigating armed robbery at Oakcrest Tavern
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam