PRESTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Friendship man died in a Monday morning crash in Preston Township, according to the Adams County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency responders were called to State Highway 13 just south of Cree Avenue at 6:29 a.m.
Investigators said the vehicle driven by Earl Manning, 79, drifted off the roadway, struck an embankment, overturned and struck a tree.
Manning was extricated and transferred to a local hospital before being flown to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Manning was not wearing a seat belt and alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
- $50M bond set in forced abortion attempt
- Suspected drunken driver leads 9-mile pursuit, deputies say
- Tiny puppies rescued after tornado need home
- Former NASCAR driver Stewart pulled over by
- Officials believe only one fatal batch of nacho cheese made in Wisconsin
- One man injured in shooting outside east side strip club