PRESTON TOWNSHIP, Wis. - A Friendship man died in a Monday morning crash in Preston Township, according to the Adams County Sheriff's Office.
Emergency responders were called to State Highway 13 just south of Cree Avenue at 6:29 a.m.
Investigators said the vehicle driven by Earl Manning, 79, drifted off the roadway, struck an embankment, overturned and struck a tree.
Manning was extricated and transferred to a local hospital before being flown to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield, where he was pronounced dead.
Deputies said Manning was not wearing a seat belt and alcohol is not believed to be a factor.
- Officer injured when OWI driver strikes squad car, police say
- 5th person dies from Didion Milling explosion injuries
- Attorneys to meet Monday on youth prison plan after judge orders changes
- UWPD K9 Casey retires after 10 years of service
- Analysis finds lead in 1 in 5 baby food samples
- First alert traffic: NB interstate backed up 12 miles; Drivers delayed 75 minutes