SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - Loved ones aren't letting the memory of Shari and Bram Dorresteijn fade.
The Sun Prairie couple that was killed in an interstate crash in April left behind a toddler and a newborn.
Wednesday night Bram's friends hosted a soccer match to raise money for those children.
Michael Scalia met Bram in high school. He said the match was the perfect way to pay tribute to Bram, a former University of Wisconsin soccer player. He also said the outpouring of support has been overwhelming.
"In terms of people coming out of the woodwork, how can we support you? How can we show our love and help a village raise these children? Under these circumstances, they've raised so much money and we're continuing to go along those lines to raise more for these kids' futures," Scalia said.
The couple's children, Wesley and Charlotte, are in the care of Shari's sister and her husband.
An online fund raised more than $220,000 for them.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program