MADISON, Wis. - A new report says the state fraud hotline took more than 150 reports over the last biennium.
The nonpartisan Legislative Audit Bureau has operated the hotline since 2008. The bureau released a report Tuesday that stated the line received 162 reports in 2011 and 2012.
Of those reports, 112 fell within the bureau's authority to investigate. They included 34 reports of people receiving benefits they may not be eligible to receive, 34 reports of waste and inefficiency and 27 reports of agency mismanagement.
The bureau resolved 46 of the reports and determined 38 were unfounded. The remaining 28 are still under review.
The hotline number is 1-877-FRAUD-17. Reports can also be made online.
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski