MADISON, Wis. - A new report says the state fraud hotline took more than 150 reports over the last biennium.
The nonpartisan Legislative Audit Bureau has operated the hotline since 2008. The bureau released a report Tuesday that stated the line received 162 reports in 2011 and 2012.
Of those reports, 112 fell within the bureau's authority to investigate. They included 34 reports of people receiving benefits they may not be eligible to receive, 34 reports of waste and inefficiency and 27 reports of agency mismanagement.
The bureau resolved 46 of the reports and determined 38 were unfounded. The remaining 28 are still under review.
The hotline number is 1-877-FRAUD-17. Reports can also be made online.
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say