OSHKOSH, Wis. - Several Fox Valley school districts testing teacher evaluations tied to student performance said they are pleased with the results.
The Winneconne, Neenah, Ripon and Green Lake school districts are among those testing evaluation procedures developed by the Cooperative Educational Service Agency No. 6.
The districts are acting before the state requires all schools to adopt evaluations tied to student performance in 2014.
Winneconne Community School District Administrator Peggy Larson told Oshkosh Northwestern Media that teachers were anxious about the evaluations at first but now she thinks they would say it was a good learning experience.
Green Lake School District Administrator Ken Bates said the process gives teachers more involvement because they participate in setting their own goals. The evaluations then look at how teachers are meeting those goals
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK