OSHKOSH, Wis. - Several Fox Valley school districts testing teacher evaluations tied to student performance said they are pleased with the results.
The Winneconne, Neenah, Ripon and Green Lake school districts are among those testing evaluation procedures developed by the Cooperative Educational Service Agency No. 6.
The districts are acting before the state requires all schools to adopt evaluations tied to student performance in 2014.
Winneconne Community School District Administrator Peggy Larson told Oshkosh Northwestern Media that teachers were anxious about the evaluations at first but now she thinks they would say it was a good learning experience.
Green Lake School District Administrator Ken Bates said the process gives teachers more involvement because they participate in setting their own goals. The evaluations then look at how teachers are meeting those goals
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game