MADISON, Wis. - The fourth suspect in the Montee Ball attack last August was arrested July 2 in Chicago and is being held in the Dane County Jail.
Karlis D. Griffin, 28, is being held on charges of substantial battery, intimidating a victim and disorderly conduct, officials said.
Karlis is the fourth man accused of attacking Ball in August as he walked behind two friends. The suspects knocked Ball to the ground and kicked him in the head and chest, according to the incident report. Ball was left unconscious and with a concussion.
The other three accused in the attack entered plea deals in the case by entering the first offenders program, which means if certain stipulations are met, charges can be dropped.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need