TOWN OF RUTLAND, Wis. - Four vehicles were involved in a crash that injured four people on Highway 14 south of Oregon Friday morning, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to an area of Highway 14 south of Old Stage Road in the town ofRutland at 10:48 a.m. for a report of a four-vehicle crash.
Investigators said a southbound garbage truck, driven by Patrick Rose, 30, slowed down to make a pick up when it was struck from behind by a beer delivery truck. The beer delivery truck was driven by Scott Olson, 52. Olson was rear-ended by a southbound Chevy Suburban driven by Danny Nicoson, 50. Nicoson then crossed the center line and struck a northbound Chevy Trailblazer head on, driven by Tia Long, 29.
Long was flown to a Madison hospital with serious life-threatening injuries. The other three were taken to hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
Fire and EMS units from Brooklyn, Evansville, Oregon and Stoughton assisted at the scene.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral