APPLETON, Wis. - Former U.S. Sen. Russ Feingold will serve as a visiting professor this fall at Lawrence University in Appleton.
The Wisconsin Democrat will present guest lectures in courses including Introduction to International Relations and International Politics.
Feingold is no stranger to teaching. Last year he was a visiting professor at Marquette University Law School, and he plans to teach at Stanford Law School next year.
The Janesville native served three terms in the Senate before losing a re-election bid in 2010 to Republican U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson.
Feingold fought for campaign-finance reform and was the lone senator to vote against the Patriot Act in 2001. He also opposed President Barack Obama's decision to expand the war in Afghanistan and was the first senator to propose a timetable to exit Iraq.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes