The former mayor of Racine has been released from prison after serving time for sexual assault of a child and child enticement.
Gary Becker is back in Racine, living about two blocks from an elementary school. State Department of Corrections officials have confirmed his release and his new address.
Becker was mayor from April 2003 until January 2009. He is now a registered sex offender. Neighbors aren't too happy Becker is living on their block. Alex Marquez, father of two, tells The Journal Times the state should have let neighbors know Becker was moving in.
The former mayor will be on extended supervision for five years. He cannot have contact with minors.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls