LANCASTER, Wis. - A former parole officer now faces more than 70 years in prison after a plea deal was made in Grant County court.
Sherry Buswell pleaded no contest to 21 felonies. All of the other charges were misdemeanor and were dismissed.
Buswell was accused of taking money from at least 21 parolees and depositing the money into her own bank account.
Her sentencing is set for March 19.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution