LANCASTER, Wis. - A former parole officer now faces more than 70 years in prison after a plea deal was made in Grant County court.
Sherry Buswell pleaded no contest to 21 felonies. All of the other charges were misdemeanor and were dismissed.
Buswell was accused of taking money from at least 21 parolees and depositing the money into her own bank account.
Her sentencing is set for March 19.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street