BELOIT, Wis. - Kettle Foods' manufacturing plant in Beloit suffered moderate to heavy smoke damage because of malfunctioning equipment.
Beloit firefighters were called to the plant at 3150 Kettle Way at 1:16 a.m. Wednesday.
The smoke damage is blamed on an overheated centrifuge, according to fire officials. The fire was contained to one cooking unit.
Employees got out safely and there were no injuries.
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day
- Sun Prairie looks to revamp main corridor
- Zoo euthanizes polar bear that used to be in Madison
- Driver involved in crash suspected of heroin use
- Two people shot at while in car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested