Local News

Food plant damaged by smoke

Overheated equipment prompts evacuation

BELOIT, Wis. - Kettle Foods' manufacturing plant in Beloit suffered moderate to heavy smoke damage because of malfunctioning equipment.

Beloit firefighters were called to the plant at 3150 Kettle Way at 1:16 a.m. Wednesday.

The smoke damage is blamed on an overheated centrifuge, according to fire officials. The fire was contained to one cooking unit.

Employees got out safely and there were no injuries.


Local And Regional News

Photo Galleries

E-News Registration

This Week's Circulars