BELOIT, Wis. - Kettle Foods' manufacturing plant in Beloit suffered moderate to heavy smoke damage because of malfunctioning equipment.
Beloit firefighters were called to the plant at 3150 Kettle Way at 1:16 a.m. Wednesday.
The smoke damage is blamed on an overheated centrifuge, according to fire officials. The fire was contained to one cooking unit.
Employees got out safely and there were no injuries.
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later