BELOIT, Wis. - Kettle Foods' manufacturing plant in Beloit suffered moderate to heavy smoke damage because of malfunctioning equipment.
Beloit firefighters were called to the plant at 3150 Kettle Way at 1:16 a.m. Wednesday.
The smoke damage is blamed on an overheated centrifuge, according to fire officials. The fire was contained to one cooking unit.
Employees got out safely and there were no injuries.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls