FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Competitive fishing is among the events celebrating walleye in Fond du Lac this weekend.
The lakeside festival started in 1976 as a way to promote the Lake Winnebago fishery and the Mercury Marine National Walleye Tournament. The three-day festival includes music stages, sporting events, a boat exhibit, an animal show, a run/walk, soccer and basketball tournaments and a variety of food and beverages.
Organizers say Walleye Weekend attracts more than 100,000 people each year.
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injuries 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap