FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Competitive fishing is among the events celebrating walleye in Fond du Lac this weekend.
The lakeside festival started in 1976 as a way to promote the Lake Winnebago fishery and the Mercury Marine National Walleye Tournament. The three-day festival includes music stages, sporting events, a boat exhibit, an animal show, a run/walk, soccer and basketball tournaments and a variety of food and beverages.
Organizers say Walleye Weekend attracts more than 100,000 people each year.
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike