FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Competitive fishing is among the events celebrating walleye in Fond du Lac this weekend.
The lakeside festival started in 1976 as a way to promote the Lake Winnebago fishery and the Mercury Marine National Walleye Tournament. The three-day festival includes music stages, sporting events, a boat exhibit, an animal show, a run/walk, soccer and basketball tournaments and a variety of food and beverages.
Organizers say Walleye Weekend attracts more than 100,000 people each year.
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park
- Missing girl found in Fort Atkinson man's home; man faces federal kidnapping charges
- 2 seen fleeing scene of gunfire, crash, police say
- Prosecutor: Deputy was justified in shooting
- Man beaten, robbed outside apartment, police say