FOND DU LAC, Wis. - Competitive fishing is among the events celebrating walleye in Fond du Lac this weekend.
The lakeside festival started in 1976 as a way to promote the Lake Winnebago fishery and the Mercury Marine National Walleye Tournament. The three-day festival includes music stages, sporting events, a boat exhibit, an animal show, a run/walk, soccer and basketball tournaments and a variety of food and beverages.
Organizers say Walleye Weekend attracts more than 100,000 people each year.
- Bullets hit 2 apartment buildings, police say
- Wisconsin faces construction worker shortage as home building projects increase
- Prosecutor says no water for week led to jail dehydration death
- Extra patrols added for spring party
- Shirtless female toddler on splash pad sparks debate
- Teacher confesses to sex with student in classroom