MADISON, Wis. - Travelers planning to fly home for the holidays may run into problems thanks to foggy conditions throughout the Midwest.
Flightstats.com is reporting that the fog has caused 90 flights to be cancelled at the two airports in Chicago Wednesday morning, along with causing more than 400 flight delays.
Fog is causing minor problems at the Dane County Regional Airport in Madison as well. Flightstats.com says five departures and three arrivals have been canceled so far at the airport. The airport is also experiencing a handful of delays.
Minor delays are also being reported in Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Detroit and St. Louis.
Airports advise travelers to check with their airlines before leaving home to make sure their flight hasn't been canceled or delayed.
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue