MONONA, Wis. - Some roads were closed during heavy rains in Dane County Tuesday evening.
Rain totals varied across Dane County. Some storms were producing as much as 1-2 inches of rain in an hour, according to the News 3 Weather Center. Areas with the most rain included parts of Madison, southwestern Rock County and southeastern Green County which got more than 3 inches of rain.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning that ended at 8:45 p.m.
Monona police had closed the 5600 block of Winnequah Road briefly Tuesday due to flooding. Other roads the police department was watching for deep water included Broadway, Interlake, Falcon, Winnequah and Maywood.
Madison police said Park Street and Wingra Drive had standing water as of 7 p.m. Police did not have any specific road closures in Madison.
The National Weather Service warns that most flooding deaths happen in vehicles.
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two