MONONA, Wis. - Some roads were closed during heavy rains in Dane County Tuesday evening.
Rain totals varied across Dane County. Some storms were producing as much as 1-2 inches of rain in an hour, according to the News 3 Weather Center. Areas with the most rain included parts of Madison, southwestern Rock County and southeastern Green County which got more than 3 inches of rain.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning that ended at 8:45 p.m.
Monona police had closed the 5600 block of Winnequah Road briefly Tuesday due to flooding. Other roads the police department was watching for deep water included Broadway, Interlake, Falcon, Winnequah and Maywood.
Madison police said Park Street and Wingra Drive had standing water as of 7 p.m. Police did not have any specific road closures in Madison.
The National Weather Service warns that most flooding deaths happen in vehicles.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water