MONONA, Wis. - Some roads were closed during heavy rains in Dane County Tuesday evening.
Rain totals varied across Dane County. Some storms were producing as much as 1-2 inches of rain in an hour, according to the News 3 Weather Center. Areas with the most rain included parts of Madison, southwestern Rock County and southeastern Green County which got more than 3 inches of rain.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning that ended at 8:45 p.m.
Monona police had closed the 5600 block of Winnequah Road briefly Tuesday due to flooding. Other roads the police department was watching for deep water included Broadway, Interlake, Falcon, Winnequah and Maywood.
Madison police said Park Street and Wingra Drive had standing water as of 7 p.m. Police did not have any specific road closures in Madison.
The National Weather Service warns that most flooding deaths happen in vehicles.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash