DESOTO, Wis. - A southwestern Wisconsin park is offering only limited camping this weekend due to minor flooding.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Blackhawk Park near DeSoto has extremely wet conditions.
In addition, the Corps will close sites 40 to 73 of the West Loop Camping Area this Monday through Thursday to do maintenance work.
The Corps said with the flooding and this closure, the number of campsites at Blackhawk Park will be limited. Campers should contact park staff before planning a camping trip.
The Corps plans to reopen the West Loop for next weekend and other sites as river levels recede and conditions improve.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1