DESOTO, Wis. - A southwestern Wisconsin park is offering only limited camping this weekend due to minor flooding.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Blackhawk Park near DeSoto has extremely wet conditions.
In addition, the Corps will close sites 40 to 73 of the West Loop Camping Area this Monday through Thursday to do maintenance work.
The Corps said with the flooding and this closure, the number of campsites at Blackhawk Park will be limited. Campers should contact park staff before planning a camping trip.
The Corps plans to reopen the West Loop for next weekend and other sites as river levels recede and conditions improve.
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg