DESOTO, Wis. - A southwestern Wisconsin park is offering only limited camping this weekend due to minor flooding.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said Blackhawk Park near DeSoto has extremely wet conditions.
In addition, the Corps will close sites 40 to 73 of the West Loop Camping Area this Monday through Thursday to do maintenance work.
The Corps said with the flooding and this closure, the number of campsites at Blackhawk Park will be limited. Campers should contact park staff before planning a camping trip.
The Corps plans to reopen the West Loop for next weekend and other sites as river levels recede and conditions improve.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes