MIDDLETON, Wis. - A Middleton man is suspected of burglarizing his ex-girlfriend's apartment and causing a crash while fleeing police, according to a release from Middleton police.
Officers were called to the residence in the 7400 block of Century Avenue Saturday afternoon by a woman who said someone was taking items from her home without permission. She told police her ex-boyfriend forced himself into the apartment and stole numerous items.
Police said as officers arrived, Epifanio Perez, 34, fled in a vehicle striking a parked car as he drove away. Minutes later dispatchers got calls about a two-vehicle crash on Century Avenue at Park Street with one of the drivers running away.
Perez was found hiding in a window well at a home in the 6900 block of Prairie Drive, police said. Officers said they used a Taser to subdue Perez when he advanced on them with a 2-3 foot stick and failed to follow their orders.
Investigators found Perez had removed $2,800 in personal property from the apartment.
Perez was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated, operating after revocation, two counts of hit and run, failure to report a crash to police, improper right turn, burglary, disorderly conduct and resisting officers.
- Wholesome Wave grant helps Madison residents access healthy food
- Firefighters investigating cause of McFarland fire
- Koval: Possible gang-related shooting on east side 'concerning'
- Milwaukee police seek driver after fatal hit-and-run
- 2 confirmed dead after house fire in northeast Wisconsin
- Milwaukee police arrest man in family member's killing