MADISON, Wis. - Madison firefighters were called to put out a Christmas tree on fire in the middle of a roadway early Friday morning.
Crews were called to North Hancock and Johnson streets at 2:47 a.m. and found the tree smoldering in the road.
A neighbor at the scene said she had not heard or seen anything and didn't know of any neighbors who still had their tree.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers