MADISON, Wis. - Bail is set at $500,000 for a Fitchburg woman charged Friday with attempted first-degree intentional homicide after the stabbing of her daughter Monday.
Tasha Harmon, 30, told investigators the devil told her to stab and kill her 6-year-old daughter. The criminal complaint states Harmon said she stabbed the child and heard from the voices that it was not deep enough.
The girl was stabbed seven times, three times in the chest and four times in the back, and is expected to survive.
Harmon is ordered to have no contact with the victim, no weapons, and no unsupervised contact with any children.
If convicted, Harmon faces up to 60 years in prison.V
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two