MADISON, Wis. - Bail is set at $500,000 for a Fitchburg woman charged Friday with attempted first-degree intentional homicide after the stabbing of her daughter Monday.
Tasha Harmon, 30, told investigators the devil told her to stab and kill her 6-year-old daughter. The criminal complaint states Harmon said she stabbed the child and heard from the voices that it was not deep enough.
The girl was stabbed seven times, three times in the chest and four times in the back, and is expected to survive.
Harmon is ordered to have no contact with the victim, no weapons, and no unsupervised contact with any children.
If convicted, Harmon faces up to 60 years in prison.V
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Man scammed out of $4,300 by person claiming to be grandson
- Man stabs girlfriend in neck with scissors, police say
- Fremont woman accused in boyfriend's fatal stabbing is acquitted
- East Towne Mall employee attacked, robbed
- Woman arrested, suspected of abducting her kids