MADISON, Wis. - Bail is set at $500,000 for a Fitchburg woman charged Friday with attempted first-degree intentional homicide after the stabbing of her daughter Monday.
Tasha Harmon, 30, told investigators the devil told her to stab and kill her 6-year-old daughter. The criminal complaint states Harmon said she stabbed the child and heard from the voices that it was not deep enough.
The girl was stabbed seven times, three times in the chest and four times in the back, and is expected to survive.
Harmon is ordered to have no contact with the victim, no weapons, and no unsupervised contact with any children.
If convicted, Harmon faces up to 60 years in prison.V
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan