MADISON, Wis. - Bail is set at $500,000 for a Fitchburg woman charged Friday with attempted first-degree intentional homicide after the stabbing of her daughter Monday.
Tasha Harmon, 30, told investigators the devil told her to stab and kill her 6-year-old daughter. The criminal complaint states Harmon said she stabbed the child and heard from the voices that it was not deep enough.
The girl was stabbed seven times, three times in the chest and four times in the back, and is expected to survive.
Harmon is ordered to have no contact with the victim, no weapons, and no unsupervised contact with any children.
If convicted, Harmon faces up to 60 years in prison.V
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000