FITCHBURG, Wis. - A Fitchburg woman who died in a single-vehicle crash on South Syene Road in Fitchburg Monday morning was identified Wednesday, officials said.
Officers responded to reports of a single-vehicle road crash in the 2400 block of South Syene Road around 9:30 a.m., according to release.
Investigators said the vehicle, driven by a 23-year-old Fitchburg man was traveling northbound on Syene Road when he lost control, causing the vehicle leave the roadway and overturn.
A 26-year-old female passenger, Melissa Harlow, was pinned in the vehicle and later pronounced dead at the scene, officials said. The driver was transported to a local hospital for evaluation.
Harlow died from the injuries she suffered in the crash, according to the Dane County Medical Examiner.
Police said the crash is still under investigation, but that road conditions were a factor in the crash.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land