JANESVILLE, Wis. - One person was killed and five others taken to hospitals after a rollover crash at an off-ramp in Janesville Monday morning, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol
Emergency crews were called to the westbound Interstate 39/90 off-ramp to westbound Highway 14 at 2:46 a.m.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said a car driven by Terrace Dimitris Thomas, 31, of Madison, was traveling north on the interstate when it exited to westbound Highway 14 and failed to negotiate a curve on the ramp. The car rolled over and came to rest on the driver's side.
One of the passengers, Shondra Lynette Morbley, 36, of Fitchburg, was killed in the crash.
Thomas, and four others were taken to different hospitals. They include Shanae Ranette Morbley, 33, of Madison, Dominique Quenetta Johnson, 29, of Madison, Jeffery L. Harris, 31, of Chicago, and Benjamin J. Roebuck, 34, of Madison.
Thomas and Shanae Ranette Morbley suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The others were uninjured.
The ramp was closed for about three hours.25012278
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral