JANESVILLE, Wis. - One person was killed and five others taken to hospitals after a rollover crash at an off-ramp in Janesville Monday morning, according to the Wisconsin State Patrol
Emergency crews were called to the westbound Interstate 39/90 off-ramp to westbound Highway 14 at 2:46 a.m.
The Wisconsin State Patrol said a car driven by Terrace Dimitris Thomas, 31, of Madison, was traveling north on the interstate when it exited to westbound Highway 14 and failed to negotiate a curve on the ramp. The car rolled over and came to rest on the driver's side.
One of the passengers, Shondra Lynette Morbley, 36, of Fitchburg, was killed in the crash.
Thomas, and four others were taken to different hospitals. They include Shanae Ranette Morbley, 33, of Madison, Dominique Quenetta Johnson, 29, of Madison, Jeffery L. Harris, 31, of Chicago, and Benjamin J. Roebuck, 34, of Madison.
Thomas and Shanae Ranette Morbley suffered non-life-threatening injuries. The others were uninjured.
The ramp was closed for about three hours.25012278
- Appeal rejected in death of 2 Janesville motorcyclists
- Man accused in deadly wrong-way I-94 wreck not competent, judge says
- Woman inappropriately touched at dance class on UW campus, police say
- Black Hawk Middle School principal resigns
- Man who was high driving school bus sentenced
- Company says it has no plans for a new Wisconsin pipeline