FITCHBURG, WIS. - The city of Fitchburg is joining thousands of communities across the country for national night out to stop crime and drug abuse.
According to a release from the city, the National Night Out starts with a parade at 12:30 p.m. on Aug. 3 at McKee Farms Park.
The event is also scheduled to included refreshments, games and a 5K run around the park from 1-4 p.m.
Members of the Fitchburg police and fire departments will be in attendance along with the FPD canine unit and horse-mounted officers.
National Night Out is a nationwide event aiming to help residents bond with law enforcement to help prevent crime.
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video