MADISON, Wis. - Fitchburg police said they made an arrest during a traffic stop Tuesday after discovering marijuana, a handgun, and a child support warrant against the driver.
The vehicle driven by Alvin Torry, 31, of Fitchburg, was stopped at 1:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Verona Road on suspicion of speeding, according to police.
Police said they conducted a search of the car because of the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. They said they discovered marijuana and a loaded handgun.
Torry was arrested on suspicion of felon in possession of a firearm, possession with intent to deliver marijuana and a child support warrant.
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls
- UW study uses video games to help smokers quit
- UW-Madison suspends fraternity for serving minors