MADISON, Wis. - Fitchburg police said they made an arrest during a traffic stop Tuesday after discovering marijuana, a handgun, and a child support warrant against the driver.
The vehicle driven by Alvin Torry, 31, of Fitchburg, was stopped at 1:30 a.m. in the 4900 block of Verona Road on suspicion of speeding, according to police.
Police said they conducted a search of the car because of the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. They said they discovered marijuana and a loaded handgun.
Torry was arrested on suspicion of felon in possession of a firearm, possession with intent to deliver marijuana and a child support warrant.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000