MADISON, Wis. - The town of Madison and city of Fitchburg police departments were informed Friday by Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne that he had concluded his review of the police-involved shooting of Altreo J. Scott on Sept. 2, 2012.
According to Fitchburg police, after briefings by investigators, inspections of the scene shortly after the incident, after reviews of summary reports, diagrams and other evidence, DA Ozanne concluded there is not potential criminal liability for Madison police Officer Jonathan Weaver and Fitchburg police Officer Lucas Hale.
Police say there is no other information at this time.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement