FITCHBURG, Wis. - Reports of a structure fire that came in at 11:19 a.m. Saturday in Fitchburg resulted in the destruction of a home at 5676 Concord Drive.
Crews responded after a neighbor saw smoke and called 911.
Firefighters were on the scene putting out hot spots for more than three hours.
No one was in the home at the time; all of the homeowner's three dogs got out of the home safely.
Traffic was diverted by police while the fire was being contained.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land