MADISON, Wis. - A 30-year-old Wisconsin father is accused of teaching one son how to choke the other unconscious -- a lesson allegedly caught on video.
Toribio Medina Jr. of Fitchburg is charged with failure to act to prevent bodily harm of a child, strangulation and suffocation as party to a crime and child neglect resulting in bodily harm.
According to the complaint, a woman told police her two sons were staying with their father in Fitchburg during spring break when the video was made. It allegedly shows one boy choking his younger brother into unconsciousness, with the father telling his children how to do the maneuver.
The Wisconsin State Journal reports Medina was jailed Friday on $3,000 bail. He was ordered not to have any unsupervised contact with any children.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday