MADISON, Wis. - On Sunday, at 6:30 p.m., the Fitchburg community will gather for a candlelight vigil to honor Ashlee Steele and Kacee Tollefsbol, who were murdered last Friday.
The vigil will take place at the southeast corner of Rosecommons Park, bounded by Langford Terrace and Rosecommon Terrace.
Fitchburg Mayor Shawn Pfaff, neighborhood residents, area pastors and others will deliver brief words at the vigil.
A more formal service to honor the lives of the two women is being planned in the near future at The Church at Christ Memorial in Fitchburg, where Ashlee Steele was a staff member.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK