MADISON, Wis. - On Sunday, at 6:30 p.m., the Fitchburg community will gather for a candlelight vigil to honor Ashlee Steele and Kacee Tollefsbol, who were murdered last Friday.
The vigil will take place at the southeast corner of Rosecommons Park, bounded by Langford Terrace and Rosecommon Terrace.
Fitchburg Mayor Shawn Pfaff, neighborhood residents, area pastors and others will deliver brief words at the vigil.
A more formal service to honor the lives of the two women is being planned in the near future at The Church at Christ Memorial in Fitchburg, where Ashlee Steele was a staff member.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral