MADISON, Wis. - On Sunday, at 6:30 p.m., the Fitchburg community will gather for a candlelight vigil to honor Ashlee Steele and Kacee Tollefsbol, who were murdered last Friday.
The vigil will take place at the southeast corner of Rosecommons Park, bounded by Langford Terrace and Rosecommon Terrace.
Fitchburg Mayor Shawn Pfaff, neighborhood residents, area pastors and others will deliver brief words at the vigil.
A more formal service to honor the lives of the two women is being planned in the near future at The Church at Christ Memorial in Fitchburg, where Ashlee Steele was a staff member.
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police
- Victim tells police man who stabbed him frequently ‘mooches' from him
- Remains of 3 Ohio plane crash victims identified
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates