MADISON, Wis. - On Sunday, at 6:30 p.m., the Fitchburg community will gather for a candlelight vigil to honor Ashlee Steele and Kacee Tollefsbol, who were murdered last Friday.
The vigil will take place at the southeast corner of Rosecommons Park, bounded by Langford Terrace and Rosecommon Terrace.
Fitchburg Mayor Shawn Pfaff, neighborhood residents, area pastors and others will deliver brief words at the vigil.
A more formal service to honor the lives of the two women is being planned in the near future at The Church at Christ Memorial in Fitchburg, where Ashlee Steele was a staff member.
- Madison police make arrest in robbery near Overture Center
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer