SUAMICO, Wis. - Two ice fishermen are safe after their truck fell into the bay of Green Bay.
It happened Tuesday morning about a mile offshore from Sunset Beach Park in Suamico.
Tom Patzke told WLUK-TV he and his friend were driving on the ice from spot to another when he "hit a wet spot."
The truck was half-submerged in only a few feet of water.
Foggy conditions and poor visibility made it tough for rescue crews to find the men. And the two fishermen couldn't see the shore in the fog.
Brown County Deputy Sheriff Scott Priebe said rescuers used sirens and lights on their squad cars to direct the men back to shore.
No one was hurt.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire