SUAMICO, Wis. - Two ice fishermen are safe after their truck fell into the bay of Green Bay.
It happened Tuesday morning about a mile offshore from Sunset Beach Park in Suamico.
Tom Patzke told WLUK-TV he and his friend were driving on the ice from spot to another when he "hit a wet spot."
The truck was half-submerged in only a few feet of water.
Foggy conditions and poor visibility made it tough for rescue crews to find the men. And the two fishermen couldn't see the shore in the fog.
Brown County Deputy Sheriff Scott Priebe said rescuers used sirens and lights on their squad cars to direct the men back to shore.
No one was hurt.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say