MADISON, Wis. - Deputies are searching for a Milwaukee man who went missing while fishing on Lake Monona.
Search crews resumed their search of the lake Monday after an empty boat was found Friday on the lake near the John Nolen Drive shoreline.
Investigators believe the boater is 68-year-old Larnal Friend and that his boat was launched Thursday after 6:30 p.m. from Law Park.
The Dane County Sheriff's Office Marine and Trail Enforcement deputies responded to find the empty 18-foot red boat, which contained indicators a fisherman had been on board, according to a news release.
The boat does not appear to be damaged and there was no evidence of a collision.
Friend's family has been notified and is in contact with detectives.
The Dane County dive team is expected to join the search on Tuesday.
Anyone with information about the incident or Friend's whereabouts is asked to call the Dane County tip line at 608-284-6900.
- Richland Center man faces OWI, drug charges
- Four injured in early-morning shooting
- Crews battle roof fire at McFarland cold storage facility
- Janesville high school holds safety workshop for girls
- James Brown's 'Funky Drummer' Clyde Stubblefield dies at 73
- Despite warm temps, Winter Fest, Polar Plunge continue as scheduled