MADISON, Wis. - The first floor of the Memorial Union will reopen next week with the Daily Scoop, Badger Market and Peet's Coffee and Tea serving customers, according to a release.
The newly-renovated part of Memorial Union will open Dec. 5 with a new spot for the Daily Scoop and new options available at the Badger market.
The new Peet's Coffee and Tea and renovated der Rathskeller will have more space.
Additional improvements to the first floor include replacing old plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems, and abating asbestos, according to the release.
The der Rathskeller and other Memorial Union dining venues are expected to open in January.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire