MADISON, Wis. - The first floor of the Memorial Union will reopen next week with the Daily Scoop, Badger Market and Peet's Coffee and Tea serving customers, according to a release.
The newly-renovated part of Memorial Union will open Dec. 5 with a new spot for the Daily Scoop and new options available at the Badger market.
The new Peet's Coffee and Tea and renovated der Rathskeller will have more space.
Additional improvements to the first floor include replacing old plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems, and abating asbestos, according to the release.
The der Rathskeller and other Memorial Union dining venues are expected to open in January.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms