MADISON, Wis. - A report of a man with a gun led to a fireworks citation for a town of Berry man Thursday, authorities said.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a complaint of a man with a gun in the area of 4800 Scherbel Road at about 3:20 p.m.
Deputies said 32-year-old James Weightman had what appeared to be a gun, but it turned out to be a 37mm gas-charged fireworks launcher.
The sheriff's office said Weightman had launched a firework at the time of the initial call. Weightman was cited for possession of fireworks, a $200.50 citation, according to a news release.
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire