MADISON, Wis. - A report of a man with a gun led to a fireworks citation for a town of Berry man Thursday, authorities said.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a complaint of a man with a gun in the area of 4800 Scherbel Road at about 3:20 p.m.
Deputies said 32-year-old James Weightman had what appeared to be a gun, but it turned out to be a 37mm gas-charged fireworks launcher.
The sheriff's office said Weightman had launched a firework at the time of the initial call. Weightman was cited for possession of fireworks, a $200.50 citation, according to a news release.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls