MADISON, Wis. - A report of a man with a gun led to a fireworks citation for a town of Berry man Thursday, authorities said.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a complaint of a man with a gun in the area of 4800 Scherbel Road at about 3:20 p.m.
Deputies said 32-year-old James Weightman had what appeared to be a gun, but it turned out to be a 37mm gas-charged fireworks launcher.
The sheriff's office said Weightman had launched a firework at the time of the initial call. Weightman was cited for possession of fireworks, a $200.50 citation, according to a news release.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says