MADISON, Wis. - A report of a man with a gun led to a fireworks citation for a town of Berry man Thursday, authorities said.
Dane County Sheriff's deputies responded to a complaint of a man with a gun in the area of 4800 Scherbel Road at about 3:20 p.m.
Deputies said 32-year-old James Weightman had what appeared to be a gun, but it turned out to be a 37mm gas-charged fireworks launcher.
The sheriff's office said Weightman had launched a firework at the time of the initial call. Weightman was cited for possession of fireworks, a $200.50 citation, according to a news release.
- Sheriff: Man driving 30 mph over speed limit was drunk
- Stoughton woman faces 5th OWI charge
- Farms' thirst for water roils Wisconsin's central sands
- Town of Janesville man faces 6th OWI
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000