TAINTER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Dunn County sheriff's officials say a man suffered substantial injuries when a large piece of fireworks exploded his hand.
First responders were called to a residence in the Town of Tainter Monday evening. Authorities say 55-year-old Michael Schmitt was standing in the doorway of a house when he lit the explosive, intending to throw it into the yard. But, it exploded in his hand.
Sheriff's Capt. Kevin Bygd Schmitt was airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. His condition was not immediately available.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire