TAINTER TOWNSHIP, Wis. - Dunn County sheriff's officials say a man suffered substantial injuries when a large piece of fireworks exploded his hand.
First responders were called to a residence in the Town of Tainter Monday evening. Authorities say 55-year-old Michael Schmitt was standing in the doorway of a house when he lit the explosive, intending to throw it into the yard. But, it exploded in his hand.
Sheriff's Capt. Kevin Bygd Schmitt was airlifted to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. His condition was not immediately available.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say