MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Fire Department is investigating a fire that damaged five vehicles early Sunday morning on Madison's south side, according to a release.
Crews were called around 12:20 a.m. to the 6400 block of Bridge Road for reports of a vehicle fire, officials said.
Crews were first told there were two vehicles on fire, but when they arrived two minutes later, four vehicles were on fire and a fifth vehicle nearby was damaged, according to the release.
There's no indication of how or where the fire started, but investigators said there was a large amount of leaves surrounding the vehicles, officials said.
No one was inside or near the vehicles at the time of the fire, according to the release.
- Make your smart home safe, secure
- Neighbors planning action after west side shots fired incident
- Elementary school staff member on leave after physical altercation at school
- Grant provides free Disney theater program for local schools
- Recent school bus crash brings back debate over seat belts on buses
- Madison to host Pokemon Regional Championships