MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Fire Department is investigating a fire that damaged five vehicles early Sunday morning on Madison's south side, according to a release.
Crews were called around 12:20 a.m. to the 6400 block of Bridge Road for reports of a vehicle fire, officials said.
Crews were first told there were two vehicles on fire, but when they arrived two minutes later, four vehicles were on fire and a fifth vehicle nearby was damaged, according to the release.
There's no indication of how or where the fire started, but investigators said there was a large amount of leaves surrounding the vehicles, officials said.
No one was inside or near the vehicles at the time of the fire, according to the release.
- Uniforms coming to Milwaukee schools
- Messy weather closes schools in southern Wisconsin
- Possible homicide charges for teen driver after man killed in crash
- Man credits Mental Health First Aid for saving co-worker's life
- Adams County woman missing 10 days found safe
- Attorney: Robinson settlement a calculated decision by city's insurer