MADISON, Wis. - Crews from the Madison Fire Department are still investigating what caused an explosion that reportedly shook an entire west side neighborhood Wednesday.
Residents on Starr Grass Drive reported hearing a loud explosion around 3:30 p.m., officials said.
Firefighters found several people examining a street light post when they arrived, according to a release. Crews noticed the area surrounding the post had been burned, but there was no fire, smoke or damage to the pole.
MFD crews talked with several witnesses about what they heard, smelled and saw, but no one reported seeing any suspicious activity before the incident.
- Man suspected in shooting spree identified
- La Crosse teen saves choking friend
- A look at 4 victims of northern Wisconsin shootings
- CrossFit Games qualifying rounds give Madison taste of championships
- Police chief: Crime in Janesville continues to decrease, heroin remains a problem
- Wisconsin teen is image of hope for children with cardiac failure