MADISON, Wis. - Crews from the Madison Fire Department are still investigating what caused an explosion that reportedly shook an entire west side neighborhood Wednesday.
Residents on Starr Grass Drive reported hearing a loud explosion around 3:30 p.m., officials said.
Firefighters found several people examining a street light post when they arrived, according to a release. Crews noticed the area surrounding the post had been burned, but there was no fire, smoke or damage to the pole.
MFD crews talked with several witnesses about what they heard, smelled and saw, but no one reported seeing any suspicious activity before the incident.
- Thieves target academic offices in string of textbooks thefts, officials say
- Conservation group reacts after judge allows high-impact uses at Sauk Prairie rec area
- Driver reverses into trooper vehicle during traffic stop, officials say
- Bicyclist injured in crash with semi, Dodge County officials say
- Consumer Reports: Pet-proof your house
- Beloit police officers gear up to wear body cameras in schools