MADISON, Wis. - Madison firefighters battled a blaze at a west side dry cleaning store Wednesday morning, after workers smelled smoke inside the building.
The call came in to the fire department at about 7 a.m. reporting smoke inside the Klinke Cleaners in the 5400 block of University Avenue.
When firefighters arrived, they found wires arcing in the roof, and applied water and foam to another place where smoke was found, Joel Kniefel, Madison Fire Department public information officer, said.
Two lanes of eastbound University Avenue were blocked between Spring Harbor Way and Norman Way about an hour. The road was reopened at about 8:30 a.m., the fire department said.
No one was hurt battling the small electrical fire, the department said.
Damage estimates are not available, but the damage was contained to the Klinke Cleaners storefront where the fire occurred, according to a release.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend