MADISON, Wis. - Madison firefighters battled a blaze at a west side dry cleaning store Wednesday morning, after workers smelled smoke inside the building.
The call came in to the fire department at about 7 a.m. reporting smoke inside the Klinke Cleaners in the 5400 block of University Avenue.
When firefighters arrived, they found wires arcing in the roof, and applied water and foam to another place where smoke was found, Joel Kniefel, Madison Fire Department public information officer, said.
Two lanes of eastbound University Avenue were blocked between Spring Harbor Way and Norman Way about an hour. The road was reopened at about 8:30 a.m., the fire department said.
No one was hurt battling the small electrical fire, the department said.
Damage estimates are not available, but the damage was contained to the Klinke Cleaners storefront where the fire occurred, according to a release.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005