MENOMONIE, Wis. - An explosion and fire that destroyed a historic church in Dunn County has been traced to a gas tank.
Fire investigators say there's nothing suspicious or criminal about the LP gas explosion that left the 99-year-old church near Colfax a charred pile of rubble.
A passer-by called the Dunn County Sheriff's Department Saturday about 9 p.m. to report the fire at St. John's Lutheran Church.
The Chippewa Herald reported the 60-member congregation is worshiping at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in nearby Ridgeland.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers