MENOMONIE, Wis. - An explosion and fire that destroyed a historic church in Dunn County has been traced to a gas tank.
Fire investigators say there's nothing suspicious or criminal about the LP gas explosion that left the 99-year-old church near Colfax a charred pile of rubble.
A passer-by called the Dunn County Sheriff's Department Saturday about 9 p.m. to report the fire at St. John's Lutheran Church.
The Chippewa Herald reported the 60-member congregation is worshiping at St. Paul's Lutheran Church in nearby Ridgeland.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK