MADISON, Wis. - Madison fire officials said a fire on Madison's west side late Wednesday caused about $20,000 in damage to a restaurant set to open next week.
Firefighters responded to a fire at KJ's Curry Bowl in the 7000 block of Tree Lane at 8:25 p.m. Wednesday. Flames weren't visible when the crew arrived, but firefighters did see heavy smoke inside the restaurant.
Firefighters forced entry through the front door and found a fire in the kitchen area, although sprinklers were already active and keeping the fire under control. Firefighters put out the fire in about five minutes.
There was no one in the restaurant when the fire began, and no one was injured.
Fire officials said the restaurant was scheduled to open on Sunday. However, Public Health Madison and Dane County will now have to inspect the restaurant before the new business can open.
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'