MADISON, Wis. - A group of Madison Fire Department recruits will train with two burning structures on the city's west side Wednesday.
The fire training is scheduled for between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. in the 3700 block of Junction Road near Mineral Point Road.
The recruits will be trained on when it is no longer safe to enter a burning structure and when they should exit if they're inside.
Recruits will also learn about predicting how a fire will progress.
Neighbors are invited to watch from a safe distance.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement