WAUSAU, Wis. - Wausau fire officials say a west side apartment complex that went up in flames is a total loss.
Residents of the Tamarack Heights complex got out safely when the fire started about 11 p.m. Sunday. Wausau firefighters got help from several area fire departments in battling the blaze, which spread quickly and caused the roof to collapse.
Several tenants told WAOW-TV they lost everything in the fire.
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK