TOWN OF EXETER, Wis. - A fire official in Belleville said Wednesday afternoon that crews believe lightning sparked a house fire in Belleville Tuesday, destroying the home and killing a family pet.
Numerous fire departments were called to W4117 Pine Valley Road in Belleville for a report of a house fire Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters from Belleville, Oregon and Mount Horeb were among those called to the scene.
No one was home at the time of the fire but officials said a family dog died in the blaze.
Neighbors reported seeing a lot of lightning in the area at the time of the fire.
The home was a total loss, according to fire officials at the scene. Officials said Wednesday the estimated cost of damage was about $300,000.W4117 Pine Valley Road
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night