TOWN OF EXETER, Wis. - A fire official in Belleville said Wednesday afternoon that crews believe lightning sparked a house fire in Belleville Tuesday, destroying the home and killing a family pet.
Numerous fire departments were called to W4117 Pine Valley Road in Belleville for a report of a house fire Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters from Belleville, Oregon and Mount Horeb were among those called to the scene.
No one was home at the time of the fire but officials said a family dog died in the blaze.
Neighbors reported seeing a lot of lightning in the area at the time of the fire.
The home was a total loss, according to fire officials at the scene. Officials said Wednesday the estimated cost of damage was about $300,000.W4117 Pine Valley Road
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later