TOWN OF EXETER, Wis. - A fire official in Belleville said Wednesday afternoon that crews believe lightning sparked a house fire in Belleville Tuesday, destroying the home and killing a family pet.
Numerous fire departments were called to W4117 Pine Valley Road in Belleville for a report of a house fire Tuesday afternoon.
Firefighters from Belleville, Oregon and Mount Horeb were among those called to the scene.
No one was home at the time of the fire but officials said a family dog died in the blaze.
Neighbors reported seeing a lot of lightning in the area at the time of the fire.
The home was a total loss, according to fire officials at the scene. Officials said Wednesday the estimated cost of damage was about $300,000.W4117 Pine Valley Road
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- Funding is available to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River