JANESVILLE, Wis. - A fire near a wood burning stove caused $11,000 in damage to a Janesville house Saturday afternoon, according to a release.
Janesville and Turtle fire departments responded around 12:45 p.m. to 5542 E. Maple Lane Rd. in LaPrarie Township for reports of a fire in a single-family home, officials said.
Crews found light smoke and fire in the ceiling and wall bend a wood burning stove, according to the release.
Officials said damage was isolated to an addition on to the home and residents will be able to stay in the house.
The fire remains under investigation.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota