MADISON, WIS. - The Madison Fire Department said a fire in a chimney could be to blame for a house fire late Sunday night.
The department reponded to a report of a fire in the chimney of a house on Acewood Boulevard just before 11 p.m. Sunday. The Madison Fire Department said smoke and flames could be seen coming from the chimney when crews arrived.
The house is expected to be in repair for a while. There is no exact damage estimate just yet.
Two people left the house safely and called 911. Investigators were still at the scene as of 1:30 a.m. Monday.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005