MADISON, WIS. - The Madison Fire Department said a fire in a chimney could be to blame for a house fire late Sunday night.
The department reponded to a report of a fire in the chimney of a house on Acewood Boulevard just before 11 p.m. Sunday. The Madison Fire Department said smoke and flames could be seen coming from the chimney when crews arrived.
The house is expected to be in repair for a while. There is no exact damage estimate just yet.
Two people left the house safely and called 911. Investigators were still at the scene as of 1:30 a.m. Monday.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls