TOWN OF WINDSOR, Wis. - A fire destroyed a town of Windsor home early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Crews from 12 area fire departments responded to a house fire in the 4100 block of Gray Road around 12:20 a.m., according to the release.
The homeowners were woken up by their smoke detectors, officials said. They exited the home without injury and called 911.
According to the release, the fire in the one-story ranch house is believed to have originated in the chimney area.
The house is considered a complete loss, but the estimated value of the damage is not known, officials said.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash