TOWN OF WINDSOR, Wis. - A fire destroyed a town of Windsor home early Sunday morning, according to a release.
Crews from 12 area fire departments responded to a house fire in the 4100 block of Gray Road around 12:20 a.m., according to the release.
The homeowners were woken up by their smoke detectors, officials said. They exited the home without injury and called 911.
According to the release, the fire in the one-story ranch house is believed to have originated in the chimney area.
The house is considered a complete loss, but the estimated value of the damage is not known, officials said.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs