WISCONSIN DELLS, Wis. - A restaurant in the Dells is being called a total loss after a fire early Saturday morning.
According to the Kilbourn Fire Department -- which serves the city of Wisconsin Dells -- the fire at Moe's restaurant on the Chula Vista golf course was reported around 6:20 a.m. It took crews 30 minutes to get the flames under control.
"It was quite extensive," said KFD Capt. Joel Hammerly. "It took us about 2 hours to really get everything overhauled, and (to) dig through everything and get to all the hot spots."
Hammerly added the roof had partially collapsed. The fire is believed to have started in the fireplace or in the chimney.
No one was hurt in the fire. Hammerly said the golf course is closed during the winter; the restaurant is open for the season but was empty at the time of the fire.
Kilbourn crews were assisted by Delton, Oxford and Baraboo fire departments.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program