MADISON, Wis. - A fire destroyed a home on Madison's East Side early Saturday morning.
Madison fire crews extinguished the fire at around 2 a.m. at a residence located at 1218 Artisan Drive.
Madison fire authorities said flames were reaching 20 feet into the air when crews first arrived at the home.
No one was inside at the time of the fire, but one occupant did return home before firefighters arrived. Authorities said the person suffered a minor burn after going into the home.
Fire authorities said two dogs that were inside at the time of the fire are missing.
Damages were estimated at $250,000, with the house considered a total loss. The cause is under investigation and the Red Cross is helping one resident with temporary housing.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water