MADISON, Wis. - A fire destroyed a home on Madison's East Side early Saturday morning.
Madison fire crews extinguished the fire at around 2 a.m. at a residence located at 1218 Artisan Drive.
Madison fire authorities said flames were reaching 20 feet into the air when crews first arrived at the home.
No one was inside at the time of the fire, but one occupant did return home before firefighters arrived. Authorities said the person suffered a minor burn after going into the home.
Fire authorities said two dogs that were inside at the time of the fire are missing.
Damages were estimated at $250,000, with the house considered a total loss. The cause is under investigation and the Red Cross is helping one resident with temporary housing.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart