BELOIT, Wis. - Fire destroyed a two-story Beloit home early Monday morning displacing a family of four.
Beloit firefighters were called to 718 10th St. at 12:10 a.m. for a report of a fire, and found heavy smoke and fire when they arrived at the scene.
Two adults and two children were able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived.
The fire started in a bedroom, but the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Damage to the home is estimated at $55,100 and the less of the home's contents is estimated at $7,000.
The Red Cross was called to assist the family.
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend
- 3 hospitalized, displaced in near west side fire