BELOIT, Wis. - Fire destroyed a two-story Beloit home early Monday morning displacing a family of four.
Beloit firefighters were called to 718 10th St. at 12:10 a.m. for a report of a fire, and found heavy smoke and fire when they arrived at the scene.
Two adults and two children were able to get out of the home before firefighters arrived.
The fire started in a bedroom, but the cause of the fire is under investigation.
Damage to the home is estimated at $55,100 and the less of the home's contents is estimated at $7,000.
The Red Cross was called to assist the family.
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution
- 3 adults, 1 child fall through ice on Sauk County lake
- Woman's purse taken while downtown; man arrested
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall