LAKE DELTON, Wis. - A fire at Noah's Ark waterpark overnight destroyed a gift shop at the front entrance to the facility.
Delton Fire Chief Darren Jorgensen said the fire started in a wooden Noah's Ark replicate near U.S. Highway 12 just after 2:30 a.m. Monday.
It took firefighters from the Delton and Kilbourn fire departments about 90 minutes to get the fire under control.
"We had flames that had breeched through the roof, had half the structure engulfed and crews showed up and immediately went into defensive mode," said Deputy Chief Cris Lawton, of the Delton Fire Department.
There were no injuries. Investigators believe the fire was caused by electrical issues.
The building, which houses a gift shop at the waterpark, is considered a total loss.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say